facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

'Star Wars' films to be re-released in 3D

Sept. 29, 2010 at 10:53 PM   |   Comments

| License Photo
LOS ANGELES, Sept. 29 (UPI) -- The six "Star Wars" feature films are to be re-released in theaters in 3D, starting in 2012 with "The Phantom Menace," The Hollywood Reporter said.

The iconic franchise's creator, George Lucas, had been waiting for more theaters to be capable of showing films in 3D before he re-released the movies. He is now satisfied with the number of 3D screens available, FOX News said.

Word of the films' impending re-release comes as several companies have introduced 3D-capable televisions, which could mean the "Star Wars" flicks would be sold in yet another format -- 3D DVD -- after their 3D theatrical runs, FOX News added.

Topics: George Lucas
© 2010 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Most Popular
1
Paula Patton makes first public appearance since Robin Thicke split
2
Kyra Sedgwick is Deputy Chief Madeline Wuntch in new 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' promo
3
Gabrielle Union, Dwyane Wade to have wedding guests sign confidentiality agreements
4
Meg Ryan buys Hank Azaria's loft in Soho for $8 million
5
Kylie Minogue says her butt doesn't compare to Nicki Minaj's
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback