LOS ANGELES, July 13 (UPI) -- The victim in filmmaker Roman Polanski's 1977 rape case is again asking prosecutors in Los Angeles to let the matter go.
Polanski pleaded guilty to unlawful sex with a minor decades ago, but fled the United States before he could be sentenced and has been living in Europe since.
He was accused of drugging and raping 13-year-old Samantha Geimer, who as an adult in recent years has asked prosecutors to drop the matter so she could move on with her life. She accepted a settlement from Polanski in a civil lawsuit, but is not permitted to discuss the terms.
Officials in Switzerland announced Monday they would not approve a U.S. request for Polanski's extradition to be sentenced. The Oscar-winning filmmaker had been under house arrest in Switzerland since December 2009, while authorities decided whether to comply with the request.
"Enough is enough. This matter should have been resolved 33 years ago," Geimer told the Los Angeles Times Monday.
Geimer said she doesn't think Polanski is a threat to anyone.
"At 76 years old? I don't think so," she said.
Prosecutors have said they will continue to seek extradition if Polanski travels to a country that will cooperate with the United States.