facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Release of 007 flick delayed indefinitely

April 20, 2010 at 3:43 PM   |   Comments

| License Photo
LONDON, April 20 (UPI) -- England's Eon Productions says it has suspended development on the next James Bond film, previously scheduled for release in 2011-12.

Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli made the announcement Tuesday.

"Due to the continuing uncertainty surrounding the future of MGM and the failure to close a sale of the studio, we have suspended development on 'Bond 23' indefinitely. We do not know when development will resume and do not have a date for the release of 'Bond 23,'" Wilson and Broccoli said in joint statement.

Eon Productions has produced 22 James Bond films since 1962, including the most recent movies "Casino Royale" and "Quantum of Solace," both of which starred Daniel Craig as British secret agent 007.

© 2010 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Scott Eastwood angered Brad Pitt on set of 'Fury' Scott Eastwood angered Brad Pitt on set of 'Fury'
2
Mary-Louise Parker to release memoir 'Dear Mr. You' Mary-Louise Parker to release memoir 'Dear Mr. You'
3
Model/actress claims she would be more successful if she did not resemble 'talentless' Kim Kardashian Model/actress claims she would be more successful if she did not resemble 'talentless' Kim Kardashian
4
Joe Manganiello and Sofia Vargara join Channing Tatum for double date Joe Manganiello and Sofia Vargara join Channing Tatum for double date
5
Behati Prinsloo stars in Maroon 5's video for 'Animals' Behati Prinsloo stars in Maroon 5's video for 'Animals'
Trending News
x
Feedback