facebook
twitter
search
search

Tom Cruise's rep shoots down 'Star Wars' rumors

The Sun reported that Tom Cruise met with J.J. Abrams to discuss a possible cameo in "Star Wars: Episode VII."
By Kate Stanton Follow @KateStan Contact the Author   |   June 24, 2014 at 6:56 PM
| License Photo

LOS ANGELES, June 24 (UPI) -- Tom Cruise won't be making a cameo in J.J. Abrams forthcoming Star Wars film, Episode VII, which started shooting in London last month.

A rep for the 51-year-old Edge of Tomorrow star told Entertainment Tonight that rumors about his participation were "pure fiction."

The Sun reported over the weekend that Cruise met Abrams for "dinner and drinks at the Belgravia Hotel" in London.

"J.J. produced Mission Impossible 5 and loves working with Tom whenever he gets the chance," a source told the tabloid.

Abrams already has his hands full with a star-studded cast.

Original trilogy cast members Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill will appear in the seventh installment. Episode VII will also include Oscar winner Lupita Nyong'o, Girls standout Adam Driver, Inside Llewyn Davis star Oscar Isaac, Gollum portrayer Andy Serkis and Harry Potter alum Domhnall Gleeson.

Like Us on Facebook for more stories from UPI.com  
Related UPI Stories
Latest Headlines
Top Stories
Michael Douglas' mother Diana Douglas Webster dead at 92
USA Network renews 'Suits' for a sixth season
Billy Joel marries pregnant girlfriend Alexis Roderick at his Long Island estate
'The Chew' to tape five episodes at Disney's Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
David Walliams and Jessica Raine to star in 'Agatha Christie's Partners in Crime' series