LOS ANGELES, May 14 (UPI) -- Justin Bieber has yet another police investigation to add to his maddening collection of legal problems.
The beleaguered 20-year-old pop star has been accused of attempted robbery, the Los Angeles Police Department confirmed Tuesday.
Officials offered few details, but TMZ said the incident occurred at Sherman Oaks Castle Park in the San Fernando Valley, where Bieber and his friends played miniature golf and hit the batting cages on Monday.
A San Fernando Valley woman, who was at the park with her 13-year-old daughter, told TMZ that Bieber tried to snatch her phone when he caught her taking pictures of his group.
The woman says she began wrestling with Bieber, trying to get her phone back. She says he ripped it out of her hands but couldn't accomplish his mission because the phone was locked.
Sgt. Paul McLaughlin, of LAPD's Devonshire Division, told KTLA that the altercation took place on Monday at 10 p.m. He confirmed reports that Bieber had been accused of taking someone's phone.
LAPD Officer Rosario Herrera told the Los Angeles Times that Bieber yet to be interviewed, charged or arrested in relation to the incident.