LOS ANGELES, April 7 (UPI) -- Star Wars fans, rejoice -- filming on Episode VII has commenced.
Disney chairman Alan Horn confirmed last week that production on the new movie has started, and the cast is almost completely assembled. The official cast list has not been released, but Michael B. Jordan, Saoirse Ronan and Lupita Nyong'o have met with movie representatives and auditioned.
"We have a lot of them," the chairman told The Hollywood Reporter. "We're just not completely done yet."
Rumored cast members also include original Star Wars actors Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill. Ford and Hamill have been evasive as to whether they will return, but Fisher told Palm Beach Illustrated in March that she will reprise her role as Princess Leia.
Star Wars: Episode VII will be released in December of next year, and Horn said the movie will pick up "where VI left off -- and where VI left off is 35 years ago by the time this is released." The chairman said that those involved are happy with the screenplay the way it is now, despite some initial problems.
"Patience you must have," Horn said in a Yoda voice to end the interview.
[The Hollywood Reporter]
[Palm Beach Illustrated]