TV personality Bethenny Frankel addressed her talk show's cancellation in a heartfelt message she posted on her website Tuesday.
In the dubbed "Open Letter From Me To You," the 41-year-old reality star explained that in a way she was "relieved" her show, Bethenny, wasn't returning for a second season.
"To answer how I feel, I am relieved. What I really want right now is to be with my daughter, to do yoga, to focus on Skinnygirl and my writing, and to give myself a break," wrote the former Real Housewife of New York. "I have been striving and climbing and white-knuckling for so long that I need a rest from the grind. I'm a little over myself and wouldn't blame anyone else for being over me as well."
Frankel explained that her favorite part of having a talk show was the "opportunity to inspire, to be inspired and to be able to help women to be their best, succeed and feel better about themselves." Frankel's least favorite part was being censored and edited.
"Unlike my time on Bravo, I felt a bit diluted, filtered and somewhat constricted. I am a free spirit," Frankel disclosed.
"I am more comfortable in my natural surroundings and in a setting where I'm surrounded by crazy, where anything goes and where I can be authentically me. When interviewed about the show, I always said that it could only work if I was true to myself and only if it was genuinely a good fit and marriage which it turned out not to be."
Frankel went on to say that the most difficult part of her departure was firing the staff, but added that they had all grown significantly as professionals. She said she was regretful for her experience on the show and noted that while "people like Ellen, Oprah, Wendy, Rachael and Steve make it look [easy]," being a talk show host had been "one of the hardest jobs" she'd even done.
News of the show's cancellation came in mid-February just after the show had celebrated its 100th episode.
You can read Frankel's full letter here.