UPI en Español  |   UPI Asia  |   About UPI  |   My Account
Search:
Go

Garden show sells out, thanks to Prince Harry

|
 
 Prince Harry in the Winners Enclosure at the 2013 London Marathon in London, April 21, 2013. UPI/Hugo Philpott.
Prince Harry in the Winners Enclosure at the 2013 London Marathon in London, April 21, 2013. UPI/Hugo Philpott. 
License photo
Published: May 4, 2013 at 1:40 PM

CHELSEA, England, May 4 (UPI) -- Tickets sales for the Chelsea Flower Show were coming up roses after Britain's Prince Harry announced he would take part, the show organizers said.

The May 21 show sold out last month, and scalpers have been charging as much as 20 times face value for the event, where the Prince of Wales and his Sentebale charity will create a special garden to support African orphans.

"Once people found out who was involved, it was bound to attract extra attention," show director Stephen Bennett told The Daily Telegraph. "We usually sell out in late April or early May, but tickets have gone faster than usual."

The newspaper said the Sentebale garden will be based on flowers native to the African nation of Lesotho and likely have music playing inside. It will be designed by Lesotho native Jinny Blom.

Harry established Sentebale with Prince Seeiso of Lesotho to advocate for children, victims of poverty and those affected by Lesotho's HIV/AIDS epidemic.

Topics: Prince Harry
© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.

Order reprints
Next Story: Charlie Sheen's twins removed from Brooke Mueller's custody
Join the conversation
Most Popular Collections
Immigration rally in Washington, D.C. MTV Movie Awards Cherry Blossoms in Washington, D.C.
Miss NY USA crowns ASPCA King and Queen Academy of American Country Music Awards 2013: Celebrity break ups and divorces
Additional Entertainment News Stories
1 of 19
Arias Is Found Guilty of Murder in Arizona
View Caption
Jodi Arias (R) reacts as she hears the verdict of guilty of first degree murder after a four month trial in Phoenix, Arizona, May 8, 2013. Arias was convicted of murdering her lover Travis Alexander in Tempe, Arizona in June of 2008. UPI// Rob Schumacher/Arizona Republic/Pool
fark
Scratch-and-sniff safety cards that smell like natural gas prompt natural gas scare
Teacha The Hutt charged with sex crimes involving a 13 year-old student who texted her and said...
There's a reason Charles Ramsey was quick to think he was hearing a "domestic violence" situation...
Psychic faces backlash for telling mother of Amanda Berry that her daughter was dead back in 2004....
After years of study, scientists conclude Oregon is the worst state to retire in
Tin Foil Hat Time: Unidentified Body found with no identifying markers except a Masonic tattoo