UPI en Español  |   UPI Asia  |   About UPI  |   My Account
Search:
Go

Charlie Sheen's twins removed from Brooke Mueller's custody

|
 
Published: May 4, 2013 at 11:59 AM

LOS ANGELES, May 4 (UPI) -- Charlie Sheen said he supports the decision to remove his twin sons from the custody of ex-wife Brooke Mueller to that of another ex-wife, Denise Richards.

The Los Angeles County Department of Child and Family Services determined Mueller's home was unsafe because she was using drugs again, the Los Angeles Times reported Friday.

"It just wasn't a stable environment with different nannies coming in and out, and child protective services came in and did their thing, and this is the outcome," a source close to Mueller told the New York Daily News. "Brooke didn't have a say in this."

The boys -- Bob and Max -- were placed in temporary custody with Richards, with whom Sheen has two daughters, 9-year-old Sam and 7-year-old Lola, the newspaper said.

"Charlie supports the actions of the Department of Children and Family Services," his rep told TMZ. "He knows Max and Bob are safe and in a stable, loving environment with Denise and the boys' sisters."

This is not the first time Richards has taken care of her ex-husband's children.

She watched over them late last year while Mueller was in rehab for substance abuse for the 19th time, the Times said.

"Brooke knows any time, and Charlie, that any time they need help with the boys, that I'm there," Richards told Radar Online at the Time.

Radar reported Mueller is refusing to go to rehab again.

"Brooke was given many opportunities by social workers to clean up her act," a source, whose name was not reported, told Radar.

Topics: Brooke Mueller, Charlie Sheen, Denise Richards
Recommended Stories
© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.

Order reprints
Next Story: Chris Kelly of '90s rap group 'Kris Kross' dies in Atlanta at age 34
Join the conversation
Most Popular Collections
Immigration rally in Washington, D.C. MTV Movie Awards Cherry Blossoms in Washington, D.C.
Miss NY USA crowns ASPCA King and Queen Academy of American Country Music Awards 2013: Celebrity break ups and divorces
Additional Entertainment News Stories
1 of 19
Arias Is Found Guilty of Murder in Arizona
View Caption
Jodi Arias (R) reacts as she hears the verdict of guilty of first degree murder after a four month trial in Phoenix, Arizona, May 8, 2013. Arias was convicted of murdering her lover Travis Alexander in Tempe, Arizona in June of 2008. UPI// Rob Schumacher/Arizona Republic/Pool
fark
ಌ Maybe everything isn't hopeless bullshiat ಌ
Zuckerberg's attempts to make us all bow to the Facebook Mobile Phone Overlords are met with a resounding,...
It's confirmed, the TCNJ student that last month left her purse for identification on the George...
Fark Food Thread: How do you make the most of seasonal fruit? Is there a recipe you wait all year...
US government shuts down access to files for 3D printed gun. At least, that's what they think they've...
When you're walking from your trailer park to Radio Shack, make sure no locomotives sneak up behind...