Prince Harry in nude photos at Vegas party
LAS VEGAS, Aug. 22 (UPI) -- What happens in Vegas goes global if you're Prince Harry and a U.S. gossip Web site posts photos of you horsing around naked during a game of "strip billiards."
TMZ published two photos of a naked Harry "during a raging party in a high rollers hotel suite" at the Wynn Las Vegas resort and casino.
"We're told Harry, along with a large entourage, went down to the hotel bar and met a bunch of hot chicks ... and invited them up to his VIP suite," the celebrity news Web site said.
They eventually played strip billiards, a variation of traditional billiards in which players remove clothing when they lose a shot.
"Some of the partiers snapped photos of the madness," the site said of the Friday bash.
In one photo, Harry cups his genitals while a seemingly topless woman in panties stands behind him. In the second, Harry bear-hugs an evidently nude woman from behind.
The site did not identify the women.
Buckingham Palace confirmed the photos are of the 27-year-old younger son of Prince Charles and Diana, princess of Wales.
"Prince Harry has been on a private holiday before he resumes his military duties," a palace official told CNN, a sister news organization to TMZ.
The British newspaper The Daily Telegraph said the incident "risks embarrassing Buckingham Palace and raises questions about the prince's security arrangements."
Harry, officially Prince Henry of Wales, has recently sought to distance himself from his early-20s image as a "playboy," the newspaper said.
He stood in for Queen Elizabeth II at the London Olympics closing ceremony Aug. 12. He was in Washington in May to accept a humanitarian award from former Secretary of State Colin Powell for his work honoring wounded servicemen and women.
In the British Army Air Corps, Capt. Harry is a pilot of a four-blade, twin-engine Apache helicopter and has said he wishes to serve in Afghanistan.
He is a patron of 10 charities.
LL Cool J beats up, pins home burglar
LOS ANGELES, Aug. 22 (UPI) -- Rapper actor LL Cool J injured a burglar who broke into his Los Angeles home early Wednesday and was holding him when police arrived, officials said.
The unidentified suspect will be charged with burglary in the 1 a.m. break-in, police said.
Police said the suspect suffered minor injuries. The Los Angeles Times and gossip Web site TMZ reported the suspect was hospitalized after LL Cool J broke his nose and jaw.
The Times quoted police sources as saying the two men had a "knock-down, drag-out" fight.
Police described the suspect as a transient and did not immediately say if he had a criminal record.
"LL Cool J, and his family, are safe and thank everyone for their thoughts and concern," a spokesman said in a statement. "As a father, husband and citizen, he is committed to keeping his family safe and is cooperating with authorities on this private matter."
LL Cool J told police he had been upstairs in his home in Los Angeles' affluent Studio City district when he heard noise coming from the kitchen area. He said when he went down to see what was happening, the suspect came at him, leading to the fight.
Detectives were waiting to interview the suspect.
LL Cool J -- who was born James Todd Smith and whose professional name stands for Ladies Love Cool James -- plays the role of former U.S. Navy SEAL Senior Field Agent Sam Hanna on the CBS police procedural drama series "NCIS: Los Angeles."
Among his hip-hop hits is "Mama Said Knock You Out," from his album of the same name, released in 1991.
DeGeneres in talks to reprise 'Nemo' role
LOS ANGELES, Aug. 22 (UPI) -- U.S. actress and TV host Ellen DeGeneres is in talks to reprise her role as Dory the Pacific regal blue tang in a "Finding Nemo" sequel, a trade newspaper says.
If the deal comes through, DeGeneres would voice Dory, a naive but good-hearted and optimistic regal tang with short-term memory loss, in the sequel to be released in 2016, The Hollywood Reporter said.
DeGeneres has several times said on her syndicated talk show she hoped a "Nemo 2" would be made.
Andrew Stanton, who wrote the original 2003 film with DeGeneres in mind and co-directed it, is to direct the sequel. Stanton also directed "WALL-E" in 2008 and most recently the science fiction action film "John Carter."
The original "Nemo," which won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature, also stars Albert Brooks as overly protective clownfish Marlin, who searches with Dory for his abducted son Nemo, played by Alexander Gould.
The newspaper did not say if Brooks or Gould were also in talks to reprise their roles. The Internet Movie Database lists Brooks as the "rumored" voice of Marlin. It lists 12-year-old Preston Bailey as the rumored voice of Nemo.
It also lists Jane Kaczmarek, who played the character of Lois on the TV sitcom "Malcolm in the Middle," as the rumored Dory voice.
The original "Nemo" is the highest-grossing Pixar Animation Studios film, earning $868 million to date worldwide. It is getting a 3-D update and is to be re-released in theaters next month.
Lenny Kravitz cancels Israeli gig
TEL AVIV, Israel, Aug. 22 (UPI) -- American singer, songwriter and film actor Lenny Kravitz has canceled his upcoming performance in Israel due to a scheduling conflict, officials said.
Kravitz, 48, was due to make his Israeli debut on Oct. 6 in Tel Aviv. He also canceled additional performances in Bucharest, Romania; Zagreb, Croatia; Kiev, Ukraine, and Istanbul, Turkey, Israel Radio and Israel's Channel 2 television said Tuesday. It is unclear whether he will reschedule the show in Israel, the reports said.
The four-time Grammy winner is currently shooting "The Butler" and is scheduled to appear in another film later in the year, the reports said.
Kravitz, who describes himself as "half Jewish, half black" is the son of the late actress Roxie Roker and NBC News producer Sy Kravitz. He has sold 35 million albums since his 1989 debut with "Let Love Rule."