facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

People in the news

By United Press International   |   Dec. 21, 2011 at 4:00 AM

| License Photo
The latest news on today's hottest celebrities ...

DAVID ARCHULETA: Season 7 "American Idol" runner-up David Archuleta says he is taking a two-year break from his music career to fulfill a mission with the Mormon Church.

TMZ said the 20-year-old singer was emotional at a concert in Utah Monday when he made the announcement, which was met by cheers from the crowd.

"It's not because somebody told me that I was supposed to do it, not because I no longer want to do music anymore. But it's because it's the feeling that I felt that I need to do next in my life," TMZ quoted Archuleta as saying.


JON BON JOVI: Rock star Jon Bon Jovi posted a picture to Facebook holding a sign reading "Heaven looks a lot like New Jersey" to dispel Twitter rumors of his death.

Bon Jovi posted the photo Monday after a fake news release circulated on Twitter claimed the 49-year-old singer had died during a tour stop in New Jersey, The (Newark, N.J.) Star-Ledger reported Tuesday.

"Rest assured that Jon is fine! This photo was just taken," the text accompanying the photo reads.

People magazine reported there were also false rumors on Twitter Monday claiming rapper Li'l Kim had died.


DEBRA MESSING: Debra Messing's publicist said Tuesday the U.S. actress and producer Daniel Zelman have separated after 10 years of marriage.

Messing, 43, and Zelman, 44, met when they were students at New York University. They married in 2000 and are the parents of a 7-year-old son named Roman.

"Debra Messing and Daniel Zelman privately separated earlier this year after a 10-year marriage," Messing's representative told UsMagazine.com. "The decision was mutual, and they remain supportive of one another and committed to raising their son as a family."

"They have been separated the better part of the year but continue to live together in New York for Roman," a source described as close to the couple told the celebrity news Web site. "It's very amicable."


PAUL McCARTNEY: British recording star Paul McCartney says he plans to release an as-yet-untitled album in February on Hear Music/Concord Records.

Billboard.com said the CD, due out Feb. 7, will be comprised of reinterpretations of songs that shaped McCartney's career.

"When I kind of got into songwriting, I realized how well structured these songs were and I think I took a lot of my lessons from them," McCartney, 68, said in a statement Tuesday. "I always thought artists like Fred Astaire were very cool. Writers like Harold Arlen, Cole Porter, all of those guys -- I just thought the songs were magical. And then, as I got to be a songwriter I thought it's beautiful, the way they made those songs."

The album will also contain the new tracks, "My Valentine," featuring Eric Clapton, and "Only Our Hearts," which reunites McCartney with his "Ebony & Ivory" collaborator, Stevie Wonder, Billboard.com said.

© 2011 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Featured UPI Collection
trending
2014: The Year in Music [PHOTOS]

2014: The Year in Music [PHOTOS]

Most Popular
1
Anna Nicole Smith's estate loses bid for ex J. Howard Marshall's millions
2
Stephanie Jacobsen joins cast of 'NCIS'
3
Jennifer Garner dumps bucket of water on Ben Affleck for ALS
4
Jill Duggar, husband Derick Dillard expecting first child
5
Spider-Woman #1 causes controversy with booty-centric cover art
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback