facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Winehouse died of alcohol poisoning

Oct. 26, 2011 at 10:41 AM   |   Comments

| License Photo
LONDON, Oct. 26 (UPI) -- Singer Amy Winehouse died of accidental alcohol poisoning after drinking more than five times Britain's drunk-driving limit, a British coroner said Wednesday.

Coroner Suzanne Greenway said the 27-year-old singer, who had a history of drug and alcohol abuse, had consumed a very large quantity of alcohol before her death in July.

Greenway, speaking at an inquest Wednesday in London, said a post-mortem examination of Winehouse's body found no traces of illegal drugs. She said the huge amounts of alcohol in her system could have caused her to stop breathing and fall into a coma.

© 2011 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Jill Duggar, Derick Dillard enjoy romantic dinner date Jill Duggar, Derick Dillard enjoy romantic dinner date
2
Kelly Osbourne 'adrift' without Joan Rivers Kelly Osbourne 'adrift' without Joan Rivers
3
Nikki Bella, Paige beaten by AJ Lee in Triple Threat match Nikki Bella, Paige beaten by AJ Lee in Triple Threat match
4
Newlyweds Cheryl Hines, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. buy Malibu mansion Newlyweds Cheryl Hines, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. buy Malibu mansion
5
Olivia Benson is still fun to play, says Mariska Hargitay Olivia Benson is still fun to play, says Mariska Hargitay
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback