MICKEY ROONEY: Mickey Rooney's lawyers say they have filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles accusing the screen icon's stepson of financially and verbally abusing him.
Attorneys from the law firm of Holland & Knight announced Thursday they have brought a petition against Christopher Aber and his wife, Christina, in Los Angeles Superior Court.
The lawsuit alleges the Abers took control of the 90-year-old actor's finances and withheld proper medicine and food from him throughout a 10-year period, "leaving the famed entertainer powerless over his assets and personal life."
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Reva Goetz granted court protection to Rooney in February, appointing attorney Michael R. Augustine as his conservator.
Attorneys Bruce S. Ross and Vivian L. Thoreen of Holland & Knight, who represent Rooney and Augustine, have accused the Abers of breach of fiduciary duty and fraud stemming from the alleged elder abuse, along with misappropriation of Rooney's name and likeness.
"Clearly, fame does not insulate an individual from the trauma and neglect of elder abuse, as Mickey Rooney's case vividly demonstrates," Ross said in a statement. "Mickey was exploited by a close relative in whom he placed his trust and looked to for guidance. If a person of Mickey Rooney's stature and profile can be victimized, there are untold numbers of less fortunate seniors who are similarly being abused in this country."
Rooney's personal experiences prompted him to testify before the Senate Special Committee on Aging this year.
"Over the course of time, my daily life became unbearable," Rooney said. "Worse, it seemed to happen out of nowhere. At first, it was something small, something I could control. But then it became something sinister that was completely out of control. I felt trapped, scared, used, and frustrated. But above all, I felt helpless. For years, I suffered silently. I couldn't muster the courage to seek the help I knew I needed. Even when I tried to speak up, I was told to be quiet. It seemed like no one believed me."
MICHAELE SALAHI: Tareq Salahi says he's surprised to hear his spouse, Michaele, a cast member of "Real Housewives of D.C.," has been traveling with Journey guitarist Neal Schon.
Salahi reported his wife missing this week and told police he thought she had been kidnapped because she didn't take any of her belongings with her.
A publicist for the rock band later confirmed to media outlets that Michaele and Schon are together.
"I know those guys! They are my friends," Salahi told TV's "Inside Edition" regarding the musicians.
"If she was seen there [in Memphis where Journey performed,] I mean, I'm surprised. Why isn't she telling me that? ... It'd be a surprise to me … Michaela and I have always been honest with each other … If that's the case, she just has to tell me … Why am I hearing this through the media? ... I want her to know I love her. If something's going on, I need to know," Salahi told the entertainment news program.
The Salahis have been married eight years. They gained infamy when they turned up uninvited at a state dinner at the White House in 2009.
JANUARY JONES: January Jones' publicist said Thursday the U.S. actress has given birth to her first child, a son she named Xander Dane Jones.
Both mother and baby are "doing great," her representative told People.com Thursday.
No other details regarding the child's birth were immediately available and Jones has not publicly said who the baby's father is.
Jones is best known for her work on TV's "Mad Men." Her film credits include "Love Actually" and "Pirate Radio."
KIRSTIE ALLEY: U.S. actress Kirstie Alley, who has famously battled weight issues for years, says she has lost 100 pounds in recent months.
Alley, 60, is best known for her work on TV's "Cheers," "Veronica's Closet" and "Dancing with the Stars," as well as in the "Look Who's Talking" movies.
"I've lost 100 pounds," she told "Entertainment Tonight" in a segment which aired Tuesday.
"I feel like I'm back in my element," she added. "I honestly didn't even realize what I looked like."
UsMagazine.com said the interview was broadcast the same day Alley wowed the audience at designer Zang Toi's runway show during Fashion Week in New York.
"Before 'Dancing with the Stars,' I bought these dresses from size 14 to 4," she told "ET." "[They were] all the same dress, and I said, 'You know what I really want? I really wanna be in this dress in a 4!'"
She said she has since achieved her goal, but did not say exactly how, or what her weight was before she lost 100 pounds.
Blake Lively's Christmas wish would bankrupt Ryan Reynolds
Video of Victoria’s Secret models trying to 'twerk' hits Instagram