ETTA JAMES: Music icon Etta James is suffering from dementia and undergoing treatment for leukemia, say court papers filed by her husband in California.
Artis Mills, the 72-year-old singer's spouse of 41 years, is seeking a court order to control more than $1 million of James's money, KTLA, Los Angeles reported Thursday.
A court hearing on the matter is scheduled for Friday.
James's son, Donto, told the news program James had entered a treatment program to break her dependency on painkillers and over-the-counter medicine last year. She was later hospitalized with sepsis, he said.
Etta James is best known for her hit song, "At Last."
PETER FONDA: Actor Peter Fonda has discovered the body of a man who committed suicide inside a parked car in Los Angeles, sources told TMZ.
The "Easy Rider" actor found the unidentified man's remains on Sunset Boulevard in the Pacific Palisades area of Los Angeles about 2 p.m. PST Wednesday, the report said.
Fonda called 911 and explained there was a man slumped over in the front seat of the car.
Rescue workers told TMZ Wednesday they believe the man in the car killed himself an estimated three days earlier.
The manner in which the man died was not reported.
A.J. MCLEAN: Backstreet Boys member A.J. McLean says he has entered a U.S. rehabilitation clinic for "personal reasons."
McLean has undergone treatment for addictions to drugs and alcohol in the past. Although the singer told People.com in 2008 he had been sober for six years, TMZ said he has since relapsed.
"Its gonna be a great year! I love u all and wish me luck!" McLean said via Twitter Sunday. "I start my sober journey tomm!"
The Backstreet Boys and its fellow 1990s boy band New Kids and the Block have been performing together in recent months.
"For personal reasons, I've checked myself into a rehab clinic," McLean said in a statement issued Thursday to the New York Daily News. "With 2011 being a busy year for Backstreet, I want to be healthy and at my best.
"Thank you for all of your support and respecting my family and friends privacy during this time. I'll see you really soon."
CONAN O'BRIEN: TBS says talk-show host Conan O'Brien will have a job on the U.S. cable network for as long as he wants one.
O'Brien moved to TBS last fall after nearly two decades at NBC, first starring in "Late Show with Conan O'Brien," then on "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien." He left the network last year after executives attempted to move the time of "Tonight" back later.
EW.com quoted Michael Wright, head of programming at TBS, as saying at a Los Angeles press event this week that nightly viewership for the network's new "Conan" show averages about 1 million adults in the 18-49 age range.
"It's landing right about where we expected it to. At this number, 'Conan' will run as long as he wants it to," Wright said.
"My goal is not to do this forever," O'Brien added. "I just want to do this really well for a period of time until I have nothing left to say and then go away."
Ray Liotta sues skin care company over use of likeness
Boston schools pull out free condoms over wrapping complaints