account
search
search

Actress pleads no contest to DUI charges

  |   May 27, 2010 at 2:13 PM
EL SEGUNDO, Calif., May 27 (UPI) -- "Three's Company" star Joyce DeWitt pleaded no contest in a drunken driving incident last year in El Segundo, Calif., officials said.

Under terms of the agreement announced Wednesday, DeWitt will pay a $510 fine, serve three years of probation and participate in a nine-month alcohol-treatment program, the Los Angeles Times reported Thursday.

DeWitt was charged last July with driving under the influence and driving while having a blood alcohol level of 0.08 percent or higher, both misdemeanors, the Times said.

Officials say DeWitt's blood alcohol was 0.15 percent -- nearly twice the legal limit -- when she was arrested. Police said they arrested the TV actress after she drove around a barricade near the city's annual fireworks show.

Topics: Joyce DeWitt
© 2010 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
x
Feedback