facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search

Carlyle up for 'Trainspotting' sequel

Sept. 10, 2009 at 3:53 PM   |   Comments

| License Photo
LONDON, Sept. 10 (UPI) -- Scottish actor Robert Carlyle says "Porno," a sequel to his 1996 film "Trainspotting," is in the planning stages with director Danny Boyle again at the helm.

Boyle won the Oscar this year for directing "Slumdog Millionaire."

Carlyle is the star of the new science-fiction series "Stargate: Universe."

"For me personally, I would jump through hoops of fire backwards for Danny Boyle. I would do 'Porno' tomorrow for nothing," Carlyle told the BBC. "I think there is lots more entertainment to be had from that group of people so I would be up for it, and I know Danny seems to be edging more towards it. After his success at the Oscars, he should be able to pretty much do as he wants."

The BBC said the follow-up to "Trainspotting" is expected to be about the same group of characters a decade later.

However, Ewan McGregor, Carlyle's "Trainspotting" co-star, has previously said he thinks a sequel would be a "terrible shame" and indicated he would not be interested in participating.

McGregor and Boyle, who also collaborated on "A Life Less Ordinary," reportedly had a falling out after Boyle did not cast him in the film "The Beach."

© 2009 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback