In the $1.75 million suit filed in a federal court in New York, Gerard Basquiat claimed that David DeSanctis Contemporary Art Inc. illegally sold four of his son's artworks for at least $172,000 after a licensing contract expired last year, as well as ignored demands to return six other prints worth more than $400,000, the New York Post reported Wednesday.
The suit said DeSanctis struck its exclusive, five-year deal to market a series of "fine art limited editions" of works by Basquiat, who died of an overdose in 1988.
David DeSanctis did not return calls seeking comment, the Post said.
Exploding whale video goes viral on Internet
N.J. man wakes up from 10-hour sleep with knife in back