facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

One year later: Heath's flat still empty

Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:45 PM   |   Comments

1 of 4
| License Photo
NEW YORK, Jan. 22 (UPI) -- The New York apartment where Australian actor Heath Ledger died a year ago Thursday still hasn't been rented out to a new tenant, sources say.

Ledger, who was posthumously nominated for a best supporting actor Oscar Thursday for his work in "The Dark Knight," died of an accidental prescription drug overdose on Jan. 22, 2008. He was 28.

The New York Post said millionaire philanthropist Donald Burns, the owner of the Manhattan building where the actor had been renting a three-bedroom loft, hasn't re-rented the apartment. It had been on the market, but was taken off last month, the Post said.

"It's completely empty. Everything's been taken out," a source told the newspaper. "Nobody is allowed up there."

Topics: Heath Ledger
© 2009 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Featured UPI Collection
trending
2014: The Year in Music [PHOTOS]

2014: The Year in Music [PHOTOS]

Most Popular
1
Vicki Gunvalson explains what gay looks like to her
2
Kate Beckinsale joined by Lucas Till in 'The Disappointments Room'
3
Al Pacino rules Venice Film Festival on Saturday
4
Kenya Moore denies rumors she's dating Kordell Stewart
5
LeAnn Rimes jokes she lost virginity by raping boyfriend
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback