facebook
twitter
search
search

Izzard: 'Riches' movie in the works

Nov. 20, 2008 at 10:19 AM
| License Photo

LONDON, Nov. 20 (UPI) -- British actor and comedian Eddie Izzard says a big-screen follow-up to his recently canceled U.S. television show "The Riches" is in the works.

Izzard co-starred with Minnie Driver in the Golden Globe- and Emmy-nominated drama, which was about a family of con artists and ran for two seasons. FX announced earlier this year the show wouldn't return for a third season due to low ratings.

"We've had the meeting and the writers are going to go off and slam out a story," Izzard, who was also a writer and producer on the series, told the BBC. "We're going to raise money like Barack Obama through the Internet and we're going to shoot it guerrilla-style. ... Everything's getting tight, money's getting tight and there's the credit crunch -- so it's the time to go out and be inventive. We'll shoot it guerrilla-style, using gorillas to to actually shoot it. We're going to give them cameras ... No, we're going to just get in there and maybe not have permission to do things, but just film it. People will be going: 'Who are they? who are they?'"

Izzard, who will soon be seen in the World War II film "Valkyrie," is currently in the West End performing his latest stand-up show "Stripped."

Like Us on Facebook for more stories from UPI.com  
Latest Headlines
Top Stories
Tiffani Thiessen gives birth to son, shares first photo on Instagram
Tim McGraw is giving away 36 mortgage-free homes to veterans
Stephen Colbert hosts Michigan public-access show 'Only in Monroe'
Reelz to air Miss Universe after NBC cuts ties with pageant owner Donald Trump
Malia Obama spotted on the set of 'Girls' in New York City