LOS ANGELES, Oct. 1 (UPI) -- U.S. reality television personality Kim Kardashian was the third celebrity to be booted off the Season 7 edition of "Dancing with the Stars."
"Today, five years ago, my father passed away, and I just know he's really happy and watching over me, and I made him proud," the New York Daily News quoted the daughter of late lawyer Robert Kardashian as saying after learning her fate Tuesday night.
The star of "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" follows in the footsteps of comedian Jeffrey Ross and actor Ted McGinley, who were eliminated along with their professional dance partners, from the competition last week.
E! News said the decision to oust Kardashian and her partner Mark Ballas came as a surprise, since many people predicted low-scoring actress Cloris Leachman and her partner or celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito and his would be the ones to go.
"This was a huge challenge for me," Kardashian told E! "Every dance was a huge accomplishment for me and I did the best I could. And this was the best experience of my life."
"I am so proud of how hard Kim has worked!" Kardashian's sister Khloe told the entertainment news program. "She has completely gone out of her comfort zone by doing 'DWTS' and I am so happy she did. She made the show in my opinion!"