facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Ramsay opening hotel after Connaught snub

Sept. 27, 2008 at 12:54 PM   |   Comments

LONDON, Sept. 27 (UPI) -- Scottish celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay says opening his first hotel and restaurant is one part revenge for a recent dispute with London's Connaught hotel.

The 41-year-old host of "Kitchen Nightmares" and "Hell's Kitchen" said when he opens the York & Albany townhouse hotel in London next week, he will be serving a dish of revenge against the hotel that parted ways with him and his lead chef, Angela Hartnett, last year, The Times of London reported Saturday.

"I'm going to call it two fingers to the Connaught," Ramsay said.

"They're 'lord and lady' pompous. Their staff walk around with their heads up their (expletive)," Ramsay added regarding the Connaught.

Hartnett, who will serve as head chef in Ramsay's newest restaurant, said she expects his 10-room hotel and modern European cuisine eatery to be competitive with large hotels such as the Connaught.

"We're niche, stylish, British, real and much better value," she told The Times. "We're not hoteliers on a grand scale but we believe we can compete on a smaller level."

© 2008 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Featured UPI Collection
trending
2014: The Year in Music [PHOTOS]

2014: The Year in Music [PHOTOS]

Most Popular
1
Paula Patton makes first public appearance since Robin Thicke split
2
Meg Ryan buys Hank Azaria's loft in Soho for $8 million
3
Rose McGowan hopes short film 'Dawn' will win an Oscar
4
Drew Barrymore's half-sister Jessica died of accidental overdose
5
Adam Lambert, Lady Gaga perform homage to Queen
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback