UPI en Español  |   UPI Asia  |   About UPI  |   My Account
Search:
Go

'Indiana' earns $151M in 5 days

  |
 
Actor Harrison Ford arrives at a photocall for the film "Indiana Jones 4: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" during the 61st Annual Cannes Film Festival in Cannes, France on May 18, 2008. (UPI Photo/David Silpa)
Actor Harrison Ford arrives at a photocall for the film "Indiana Jones 4: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" during the 61st Annual Cannes Film Festival in Cannes, France on May 18, 2008. (UPI Photo/David Silpa) 
License photo
Published: May 26, 2008 at 6:07 PM

LOS ANGELES, May 26 (UPI) -- "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" is estimated to have earned $151 million at the North American box office since it opened Thursday.

The Los Angeles Times said the fourth installment in the franchise is poised to secure the second-best box office take for a Memorial Day weekend opening.

The record was set last year by "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End," which earned $153 million for the same period of time.

"Crystal Skull," a 1950s-set adventure film starring Harrison Ford, Karen Allen and Cate Blanchett, grossed $126 million in its first four days of release and was expected to take in another $25 million Monday, the Times said.

"For bragging rights, the filmmakers may have wished it would have overtaken 'Pirates,'" media analyst Harold Vogel told the newspaper. "But there's no denying that these are very impressive results."

Topics: Cate Blanchett, Harrison Ford, Indiana Jones, Karen Allen
© 2008 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.

Order reprints
Join the conversation
Most Popular Collections
New York Fashion Week 2013 U.S. Open 2013 50th anniversary of the March on Washington
Celebrity families of 2013 MTV VMAs 2013 Style Awards
Additional Entertainment News Stories
Video
1 of 18
Obama visits Sandwich Shot in Washington, D.C.
View Caption
President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden order take-out lunch at Taylor Gourmet on Pennsylvania Avenue, in Washington, D.C. on October 4, 2013. The reason he gave was they are starving and the establishment is giving a 10 percent discount to furloughed government workers as an indication of how ordinary Americans are looking out for one another. UPI/Pete Marovich/Pool
fark
Hundreds of open container violations in Las Vegas thrown out due to lack of evidence
Saudi men who danced naked on a car and posted the video online now working on an even more kinky...
Not news: Home Depot fired employees to cut costs during hard economic times. News: They targeted...
Over the years Nobel laureates have used their prize money on everything from upgrading a motorbike...
Photoshop this off-course submarine
Don't have the heart to tell your bride and her parents that you forgot to book the hall for the...