facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Prince Philip's hospital stay ends

April 6, 2008 at 11:44 AM   |   Comments

LONDON, April 6 (UPI) -- Britain's Prince Philip was released from a London hospital where he was being treated for a chest infection, Buckingham Palace said Sunday.

The 86-year-old husband of Queen Elizabeth II was admitted to the hospital last week and underwent several days of monitoring, CNN reported.

In total, the Duke of Edinburgh spent three nights at King Edward VII Hospital and now will attempt to regain his strength at Windsor Castle, palace officials said.

The BBC said all of Philip's scheduled events for Monday have already been canceled, adding to the growing list of the events the royal has missed since falling ill.

Last week, the duke's officials canceled several of his engagements including a memorial dedicated to Sir Edmund Hillary and a cancer fundraiser. Hillary was one of the first people in the world to successfully reach the peak of Mount Everest.

© 2008 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Most Popular
1
Joan Rivers on life support
2
Vanessa Hudgens reunites with 'High School Musical' cast
3
Katherine Heigl drops lawsuit against Duane Reade
4
Ellen DeGeneres' former house sold by Adrian Bellani
5
'Guardians' tops the North American box office again
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback