facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search

Illness forces Newton to cancel Vegas gig

Nov. 15, 2007 at 10:16 PM   |   Comments

LAS VEGAS, Nov. 15 (UPI) -- Entertainer Wayne Newton has canceled his upcoming two-month engagement at Harrah's in Las Vegas because he is suffering from cardiomyopathy.

Newton told People he is "going to be just fine," but won't be able to perform on the upcoming "Dancing with the Stars" finale as scheduled.

He still plans to attend the taping of the show on which he previously competed, however.

"This is just another little bump in the road," Newton told the magazine. "The doctors are a little more concerned than I am. Part of their concern is that I feel so good -- I'm not taking this lightly."

Newton is expected to recover within two months.

"I really want to apologize to the fans that were going to see me in those shows," he said. "I'm terribly apologetic. And for those who want to paint this situation with a black brush, they're not going to get their wish. I'm going to be fine."

Topics: Wayne Newton
© 2007 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback