account
search
search

Tom Sizemore turns self in to authorities

  |   June 5, 2007 at 10:33 PM
LOS ANGELES, June 5 (UPI) -- "Saving Private Ryan" star Tom Sizemore surrendered Tuesday in a Los Angeles courtroom for alleged probation violation in a methamphetamine arrest last month.

"He did turn himself in and was immediately taken into custody and handcuffed by the bailiff," Jane Robison, a Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office spokeswoman, told E! News.

Sizemore told reporters outside the Airport Branch of the Los Angeles Superior Court that the incident "was a relapse."

In May, Sizemore, 45, was arrested in a parking lot of the Four Points Sheraton in Bakersfield, Calif., and booked on several drug-related charges. After learning of the Bakersfield arrest, Los Angeles prosecutors filed a motion asking that he be held without bail for failure to obey terms of his probation in a 2004 drug case. The actor was expressly forbidden from possessing narcotics and associating with known drug users and sellers.

In the Bakersfield arrest, Sizemore pleaded not guilty May 22 to five felony counts of transportation of methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine and three counts of possessing a controlled substance without the proper prescriptions.

© 2007 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
x
Feedback