LONDON, Jan. 22 (UPI) -- Britain's Paul McCartney and Heather Mills McCartney did not reach a settlement agreement worth $63 million, despite a report, Mills' attorneys said Monday.
In a statement, Mills' legal team said, "We would like to state that there has been no offer made whatsoever at any time to our client and therefore no settlement has been agreed," Showbox.com said.
It had been reported that McCartney offered Mills cash and property worth $63 million as a divorce settlement. The settlement, according to legal documents, also included a requirement that the former Beatle must not publicly denounce Mills' claims that he stabbed her with a wine glass and was violent toward her when she was pregnant.
McCartney reportedly made the offer to keep the divorce from going to court, the Daily Telegraph said.