The video was given to Terri Irwin to ensure that it would never be publicly broadcast, the Australian Broadcasting Corp reported Thursday.
Coroner Michael Barnes confirmed that all of the other copies of the tape have been destroyed.
He also said that the coroner's investigation is nearly complete, but he is waiting for a police report that will decide whether or not a formal inquest into Irwin's death last year is needed.
The video was given to Irwin's wife just before Christmas, the BBC said.
"The footage has been the subject of widespread media interest and it was wholly appropriate that we took all possible steps to ensure something of such a personal and tragic nature did not fall into the wrong hands," said Barnes. "This is in line with the wishes of the Irwin family."