account
search
search

Ford: I'm 'fit' enough for 'Indiana'

  |   Oct. 22, 2006 at 9:19 PM
ROME, Oct. 22 (UPI) -- At the recent Rome Film Festival, actor Harrison Ford said he feels he is "fit" enough to star in a fourth "Indiana Jones" film, even though he is 64.

The actor said he believes he is prepared for the physicality of the role, once filmmakers George Lucas and Steven Spielberg complete the screenplay, the BBC reported.

"I think it's a real opportunity to make a film as successful as the ones we've made before," said Ford.

The "Indiana Jones" trilogy scored blockbuster grosses at the global box office and garnered seven Academy Award nominations.

Ford said he hoped actor Sean Connery would reprise his "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" role as Indiana Jones' father.

"He's part of the emotional fabric of these films. I believe that Sean is still willing and I'd be delighted if he joined us," he told the BBC.

Connery, who was at the Rome event last week, said no offer had been made, the BBC said.

© 2006 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
x
Feedback