LONDON, Sept. 22 (UPI) -- Supermodel Kate Moss did not actually admit to using drugs, but released a statement Thursday saying she takes "full responsibility" for her actions.
The Daily Mail last week published photos of Moss in a London recording studio inhaling a white powder, which it claimed was cocaine.
As a result of the photos, Britain's H&M stores and Burberry dropped Moss from their ad campaigns and Chanel announced it would not renew her contract. The cosmetics firm Rimmel and Gloria Vanderbilt denim both said they were reviewing their contracts with Moss.
Scotland Yard also announced this week it was investigating the model for possible drug crimes.
In her first official statement since the scandal broke, Moss said: "I take full responsibility for my actions," the BBC reported. "I also accept that there are various personal issues that I need to address and have started taking the difficult, yet necessary, steps to resolve them."
Moss went on to say her behavior has "reflected badly on my family, friends, co-workers, business associates and others."