CHICAGO, Feb. 4 (UPI) -- Hip-hopper Jay-Z is firing back at R. Kelly, saying the rhythm-and-blues artist sabotaged their "Best of Both Worlds" last year.
Kelly showed up late to just about every show, never rehearsed, frequently threw tantrums and stormed off the stage several times in tears to hole up in his bus, the Chicago Sun-Times reported Jay-Z said in a counterclaim he filed in response to Kelly's $75 million suit against him.
"He spent considerable time laboring over innocuous issues pertaining to his sexually laden skits" Jay-Z said in his suit. "R. Kelly also rehearsed a skit involving simulating text messaging with a female audience member ... prompting reminders of R. Kelly's criminal matter involving an underage girl."
In June 2002, Kelly was indicted on child pornography charges after the Sun-Times received a videotape prosecutors say shows him engaging in sex acts with an underage girl.
Left out of Jay-Z's lawsuit is Kelly's claim that Jay-Z crew member "Ty Ty" Smith pepper-sprayed R. Kelly and his bodyguards as Kelly headed back on stage. Smith faces charges of third-degree assault. The promoter fired Kelly from the tour the next day and Jay-Z went on to finish the tour.