facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Conde Nast cancels internship program amid lawsuit over pay

Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:51 PM   |   Comments

NEW YORK, Oct. 23 (UPI) -- Publishing firm Conde Nast said it will discontinue its internship program after a lawsuit in New York accused it of violating labor laws.

The lawsuit, filed by two former interns, charges the publisher of the New Yorker, Women's Wear Daily and Vogue with failing to pay minimum wage or compensate the interns for overtime, the Los Angeles Times reported Wednesday.

A federal judge in New York recently ruled an internship program at Fox Searchlight Pictures failed to meet legal standards on minimum wages, the Times said.

Women's Wear Daily reported the cancellation would not affect Conde Nash interns who are already working.

A company spokesman would not comment on whether the program had been halted temporarily or permanently, the newspaper said.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Russian bank boss feeling sanctions pain Russian bank boss feeling sanctions pain
2
New Navy sub ready for outfitting, testing New Navy sub ready for outfitting, testing
3
Army deploying JLENS radar system to help protect Washington, D.C. Army deploying JLENS radar system to help protect Washington, D.C.
4
No means yes for Scotland, energy companies say No means yes for Scotland, energy companies say
5
EIA: Russia diversifying energy production EIA: Russia diversifying energy production
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback