WASHINGTON, June 28 (UPI) -- Swanton, Ohio, candle company Swan Creek is recalling 715,000 loose votive candles due to high flames that pose a fire hazard, regulators said.
The company has received numerous reports of candles with high or volatile flame behavior, including four reports of minor burns, the Consumer Product Safety Commission said in a statement.
Consumers were advised to stop using the candles and return them to Swan Creek Candle Company for a full refund or a replacement poured votive candle in a votive glass.
A votive candle is usually a short, stout candle that is used symbolically in conjunction with someone making a vow or a pledge.
The candles under recall were sold at Swan Creek outlets in Michigan, Florida and Ohio for about $2. They were sold from January 2012 through November 2012.
Consumers can call 888-804-8492 for information.