The popcorn makers, No. 474-105 in Avon's brochures and website, can overheat the popcorn to the point that it will ignite, the Consumer Product Safety Commission said.
The popcorn makers are made of a clear tub and a yellow vented lid. They are 6 inches high and 7.5 inches in diameter. The phrase, "Do Not Remove With Bare Hands. Hold Unit With Gloves," is molded into the plastic lid. "Use In Microwave Only," is molded into the underside of the clear bowl.
The company has received 20 reports of overheating, two of which included incidents involving fire.
Consumers were advised to stop using the popcorn makers, which were sold from October 2012 through February 2013 for about $13.
Consumers were also advised to contact Avon for new instructions on how to use the popcorn makers.
For information, consumers can call Avon at 800-367-2866.
Susan Sarandon 'very excited' about daughter's pregnancy
Jessica Simpson shares three-way kiss with friends in photo