
NEW YORK, Feb. 20 (UPI) -- Content providers have been low key in their response to Apple's announcement that it would require a 30 percent cut of revenues from application sales.
Apple announced last week that it would restrict the sale and billing of subscription apps for iPhones and iPads to its App Store, and would charge the developer 30 percent for each sale.
"When Apple brings a new subscriber to the app, Apple earns a 30 percent share; when the publisher brings an existing or new subscriber to the app, the publisher keeps 100 percent and Apple earns nothing," said Apple CEO Steve Jobs said in a written statement.
The Washington Post said Sunday that reaction from major providers that rely on Apple's platform has been mixed, although not too loud as of yet.
|
|
|
|
|
|
| Additional Business News Stories | |
VICTORIA, British Columbia, Oct. 4 (UPI) --
The government of British Columbia said it will launch a study to determine emissions in Kitimat, the hub of the province's proposed liquefied natural sector.
|
BRASILIA, Brazil, Oct. 5 (UPI) --
Bradar, a company controlled by Embraer Defense & Security, is to map areas in Brazil subject to natural disasters and monitor environmental preservation areas.
|
Properties repossessed by lenders in the first quarter took an average of 477 days to complete the foreclosure process, up from 414 days in the previous...
|
Nobody likes spending cuts but the champion of that attitude is clearly President Barack Obama, who seems to have a very clear pain-avoidance agenda.
|
| Stories | Photos | Comments |
View Caption